Allo' Expat Malaysia - Connecting Expats in Malaysia
Main Homepage
Allo' Expat Malaysia Logo

Malaysia Immigration Information

Malaysia: Land of opportunities

With an average economic growth between 5 to 10 % over the last twenty years, Malaysia certainly offers good employment opportunities. If you are keen on exploring the Far East and some challenging work opportunities, here is your destination.

Of course, all foreigners willing to work in Malaysia are required to apply for a work permit. The logical procedure is that the work permit application is to be made before entering Malaysia but most of the nationalities can also apply for it while having already entered the country with a visit pass (depending on your nationality, you will need or not a visa before entering Malaysia as a visitor, however, foreigners who are resident of the Commonwealth countries are exempted from visa application).

The following list is an overview of the different passes and visas that Beyond Corporate House can help you apply for.

Types of permit

Employment Pass (EP)

This is issued to foreigners who enter the country to take up a contract of employment with a minimum period of two years and earn a monthly income of not less than RM 5,000.

Visit Pass (temporary employment)

This is issued to persons who enter Malaysia to take up employment for less than 24 months.

Visit Pass (professional)

This is issued to foreigners who wish to enter the country for the purpose of engaging on short-term contract with any agency. The categories of foreigners who are eligible are:

• Artistes
• Volunteers
• Those entering for filming
• Invited lecturers / speakers
• Those entering for religious purpose
• Members of an International Organization
• Researchers recognized by the Government of Malaysia
• Experts in installation or maintenance of equipments

The validity of the pass varies but it cannot exceed twelve months at any one time.

See more information on the next page... (next)



copyrights ©
2019 | Policy .