Importing your household into Malaysia
Please be informed that a person taking up residence in Malaysia is permitted to import used household effects without payment of import duties and sales tax subject to the following conditions:
1. that the importer is the owner of the household effects in question;
2. that it has been in the importers possession and is used for a period of not less than 3 months;
3. that it will not be disposed off within 3 months from date of importation.
Household effects are articles which are normally used in the house e.g. washing machines, refrigerators, hi-fi set, furniture, cookery, children toys, computers, clothing etc.
The above mentioned facility is applicable to personal belongings only. Office equipment and furniture do not qualify and therefore customs duties and taxes need to be paid.
Importation of electrical appliances
Please be informed about the following regulations pertaining to the importation of electrical appliances into Malaysia:
1. Importation of electrical appliances into Malaysia is covered under the Prohibition of Import – Fourth Schedule of the Customs (Prohibition of Imports) Order 1998.
2. Goods covered under this category include electrical apparatus or accessories operating at 50 Volts AC or 120 Volts DC and above whether between conductors or between conducts and earth, for domestic use.
However, travelers are allowed to import the above electrical appliances after they have obtained a certificate of approval issued by:
The Director General
Department of Electricity Supply
19 – 20 Floor, Menara Dato’ Onn
No. 41, Putra World Trade Centre
Jalan Tun Ismail
50480 Kuala Lumpur
Tel No: +603 40475400
Fax No: +603 40455776
This Certificate of Approval will certify whether the electrical appliances they want to import conforms to the Malaysian or British standards.
Ready to know more about our services?
Personal attention to your case
100% money back guaranteed
100% positive results on application submitted